3rd International Conference on Responsible Tourism in Destinations
The Third International Conference on Responsible Tourism was held at the University of Belize Campus in the Capital City of Belmopan from October 19-23, 2009. Over 250 Delegates representing some 21 countries converged on this tiny capital of about 13,000 residents for the weeks discourse.
The conference was convened by the International Centre for Responsible Tourism, Belize and co-chaired by The Hon. Manuel Heredia Jr. Minister, Ministry Of Tourism, Belize and Professor Harold Goodwin.
The Belize Declaration on Responsible Tourism in Destinations presents the recommendations of the conference about what can be done to make tourism more responsible in five areas of current concern in Belize:
- Tourism & Local Economic Development
- Tourism’s Impacts on Marine and Coastal Areas
- Cruise Tourism Impacts in Belize and the World
- Impact of Second Homes Tourism and Condominiums on Local Communities
- Tourism Impacts on Climate Change
- Read the Belize Declaration on Responsible Tourism in Destinations.
- Read Belize’s Draft national Responsible Tourism Policy